Monday, April 6, 2015

Review: My Fair Godmother


My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother #1)

Author: Janette Rallison & Cyril Laumonier
Pages: Hardcover 320
Release Date: January 6, 2009
Publisher: Walker Childrens

Summary
Finding your one true love can be a Grimm experience!

After her boyfriend dumps her for her older sister, sophomore Savannah Delano wishes she could find a true prince to take her to the prom. Enter Chrissy (Chrysanthemum) Everstar: Savannah’s gum-chewing, cell phone–carrying, high heel-wearing Fair Godmother. Showing why she’s only Fair—because she’s not a very good fairy student—Chrissy mistakenly sends Savannah back in time to the Middle Ages, first as Cinderella, then as Snow White. Finally she sends Tristan, a boy in Savannah’s class, back instead to turn him into her prom-worthy prince. When Savannah returns to the Middle Ages to save Tristan, they must team up to defeat a troll, a dragon, and the mysterious and undeniably sexy Black Knight. Laughs abound in this clever fairy tale twist from a master of romantic comedy.
  

My Thoughts

After looking through recommendations on Goodreads, I decided to pick up this book.  The plot seemed funny and I thought it was interesting to read about a disaster from a fairy godmother. First off, when I began to read the prologue chapters, I genuinely liked it. It was funny and had its witty moments. The prologue chapters were the only thing I liked about this book. After it, the story just went downhill. I felt as if the pacing became SUPER slow and just started dragging. There was no exciting moment, no surprising scenes, and no clever twists.

The characters were average, nothing special going on with the love interests with Savannah. Savannah did not appeal to me at all. She came off as ditzy, helpless, and whiney. Even though she tries to help get Tristan, she gets herself into situations which others have to rescue her. Her love interest was really dull. There was no development between the two other than rescuing each other and that they just liked each other.

I wouldn't recommend this to YA fans.

Rating: ★★  (more of a 1.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik