Friday, April 10, 2015

Review: To All the Boys I've Loved Before

(To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1)

Author: Jenny Han
Pages: 288 Pages
Release Date: April 15, 2014
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books

Summary
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

My Thoughts
This book left me with a "what did I just read" moment. I thought this book had a cute plot to it: Lara freaking out about her crushes finding out about her. As the story progressed, it became really dull and there was no point to it at all. It was also SUPER obvious who sent the letters and could have easily been avoidable.

I felt as if the characters were just unrealistic, especially the main character. Throughout the book, I just wanted to smack some sense into Lara Jean. She came off as childish, whiney and immature, acting more like a 10-year-old than a teenager. Her logic behind her decisions made me roll my eyes and just think "Ugh, seriously?" She never developed throughout the book, and just remained the same ditzy person until the end. The love triangle was really dull and was just wrong to me. Really, Lara? Liking your sister's ex-boyfriend?

Overall, this book was just pretty dull and there was nothing special going on.
Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik